Associate Real Estate Title Attorney | Settlement Services
Reston, VA US
As a member of the Underwriting and Regulatory Compliance Group for a National Home builder settlement services you will assist in: (1) crafting and monitoring policies & procedures that mitigate risk to the company; (2) ensuring that all operations align with established best practices as well as all applicable laws, regulations and corporate standards; and (3) the review and analysis of title to real property; and (4) the review of community association documents, plats, and other recorded documents related to required customer community disclosures.
- Assist in drafting and maintaining policies, procedures & practices covering topics such as underwriting, title insurance and the mechanics of settlement/closing for utilization by branch offices.
- Facilitate support for branch offices on various operational, regulatory & legal issues.
- Assist in the review and analysis of title to real property, specifically matters of insurability and marketability.
- Interact with title company underwriters on title insurability and marketability issues.
- Assist in the prevention, research, analysis, and resolution of title insurance claims.
- Review new home purchase agreements, buyer disclosure documentation, reports of title, recorded plats, jurisdictional proffers and other documentation relating to new subdivision & communities.
- Contribute to the assurance that all policies and procedures are in compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as internal corporate standards.
- Maintain corporate registrations, certificates, licenses, bonds, and insurance policies as required/appropriate.
- Support preparedness for external audits; manage responses to requests for information from all federal, state and jurisdictional entities.
- Support internal compliance audits.
- Assist in the development of training initiatives that advance business, compliance, and human capital objectives.
- Participate in branch office process and procedure reviews.
- Law degree
- Prior title industry experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills